Chicken fillet in strawberry marinade
This is a very easy and delicious way to prepare chicken and the sweetness of the fruit complements the delicate texture of the meat quite nicely.
700g chicken fillet
2 cloves garlic
juice from 1 lemon
1 ½ tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cumin
1. To make the marinade, wash and hull the strawberries. Then blend to a purée together with the garlic, lemon juice, honey and cumin.
2. Put the chicken breasts in a bowl, pour over the marinade, cover and leave them in the fridge to marinate for 3-12 hours.
3. Just before cooking, remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and carefully pat them dry. Reserve the marinade to use later.
4. In a large skillet heat 3-4 tbsp of olive oil and sauté the chicken in medium heat until nicely golden and thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes. Plate, season well, cover and set aside.
5. Pour the marinade in the same skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until you get a nice thick sauce. Season well.
6. Slice each breast into 4-5 pieces, pour over them some of the sauce and serve with a salad, pasta or potatoes.