The plums add delicious flavor to the chicken, but chicken tastes good with almost any fruit, so you might try peaches, apples, pears...
4 chicken breasts
For the sauce
2 spoonfuls butter
2 spoonfuls flour
2 cups chicken stock
juice from 1/2 orange
madeira wine (or an aged white wine)
1/2 cup dairy cream
Preheat oven at 180° C.
- Cut plums in half and soak in water or brandy
1. Cut open the chicken breasts into filets and place in aluminum foil.
2. Spread the bacon strips, pepper and plums on the chicken.
3. Add a sufficient amount of pine nuts, roll the filets and cover with the aluminum, and then bake in the oven.
4. When done, we slice the roll and douse with the sauce.
- How to prepare the sauce
Saute the flour in the butter until it acquires a blond color. Then, add the remaining ingredients. Simmer until the sauce becomes firm.