Vegetables and Beans in a Pot
The title is so very literal that there is not much more to say, "vegetables and beans in a pot" are just what they pretend to be! Nutritious and tasty. Accompany this with rice and you will better assimilate the vegetable protein!
4 heads of lettuce
2 large carrots cut in pieces
3 potatoes cut in pieces
250 g of fine green beans stringed
200 g of giant beans soaked overnight
200 g of peas
100 g of butter
1 glass of white wine
1 sausage sliced (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C
1. Put a large pot of water on the fire. Cook the giant beans for 20 minutes and drain well.
2. Combine all the vegetables and the giant beans, but not the lettuce.
3. Use a ceramic casserole dish with a lid. Put in 50 g of butter, half of the lettuce, and one layer of the combined vegetables and beans. Add 25 g of butter, in pieces, another layer of vegetables and giant beans, and continue layering with butter and vegetables until all of the dish is filled.
4. Finish off with the remaining lettuce and butter, salt, pepper, and 1 glass of dry white wine.
5. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Then place in the oven for 40-45 minutes, approximately. If you are not a vegetarian, add the sausage as well before putting in the oven