Bream Carpaccio Spiced with Chios Mastiha
Chios Mastiha makes every fish carpaccio a sublime dish.
• 1 kg fresh Bream
• 80 ml fresh strained lemon juice
• 60 ml white wine vinegar
• 600 ml extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. crushed fennel seeds
• 1 Tbsp. sumac
• 3 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
• 3 pieces star anise
• ½ tsp. freshly ground Chios Mastiha
• 3 strips dried orange zest
1. Wash and clean the fish. Remove its scales and viscera and rinse thoroughly. Fillet the fish and cut each fillet into 5 cm wide stripes.
2. Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, and spices. Place the fish in overlapping layers inside a container and pour over the marinade.
Marinate, out of the fridge for 3 hours. Serve.