Provencal Pasta Salad
This colorful and easy to make salad is so nutritious and full of refreshing flavor.
175 g (6 oz) rigatoni or penne
4 tbs low-calorie French dressing juice of 1/2 lemon
6 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
125 g (4 oz) French beans, cooked
12 black olives, pitted
1 x 200 g (7 oz) can tuna in brine, drained and flaked
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 x 50 g (2 oz) can anchovy fillets, drained and washed, to garnish 1 small head lettuce, shredded, to serve
1 roman lettuce shred
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
2. Add the pasta, stir and cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente.
3. Drain the pasta well and mix with a little of the dressing.
4. Allow the pasta to cool, turn into a bowl and mix with the lemon juice, tomatoes, beans, olives and flaked tuna and season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss the salad lightly in the remaining dressing and serve on a bed of shredded lettuce and garnished with anchovies.