Moroccan Garbanzo Beans with Raisins
Nutritious. Very Moroccan. Absolutely necessary to include beans in your diet at least once a week. Great recipe to start off with.
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp peanut oil
300g butternut squash
1 cup chicken / vegetable broth
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
15 oz garbanzo beans (chick-peas)
2 cup hot cooked rice
- Chop the onions
- Mince the garlic
- Boil the rice (1:2)
- Soak beans over night if dried.
1. Cook onions and garlic in oil in 3 quart saucepan, stirring frequently until tender, about 7 minutes.
* If using uncooked garbazo beans add before the squash, and allow to cook for 20 minutes then add squash.
2. Add remaining ingredients except garbanzo beans and rice. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and cook until squash is tender, about 8 minutes.
*Acorn squash may also be used.
3. Stir in garbanzo beans / chick peas. Serve over rice.