These homemade meat filled crepes covered with sauces and cheese are an Italian family favorite served with salad and crusty garlic bread.
2 cups of flour
2 tbs of melted butter
11 12 cups of water
For the filling
1/2 kg of minced meat
500 gm of tomatoes
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 green pepper
salt, pepper and cinnamon
23 level tbs of stale breadcrumbs
Preheat oven at 180° C.
- Finely chop onions
- Thinly slice pepper into rounds
1. Use the dough ingredients to prepare a thin batter for crepes.
2. Cook the crepes in a special crepe pan or a small frying pan, in which a little butter has been melted. When the butter is hot, pour in a little batter and use two forks to flip the crepes over; cook on both sides.
3. Once the crepes are ready, set them aside and prepare the filling.
4. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and the pepper, and sauté.
5. Add the minced meat and brown well. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and cinnamon, and allow to simmer until all the liquid has been cooked off.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
7. Add the egg and the breadcrumbs to the mixture in order to make it firmer and absorb any remaining liquid.
8. Place filling on each crepe, roll up and arrange in a greased oven-proof dish, with the seam on the bottom.
9. Once the crepes have been filled and placed in the dish, pour over 250 ml of cream, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 20–30 minutes. Serve hot.