Pancakes with Capers and Onions
These savory pancakes are so good and not just for breakfast.
4 ounces Greek capers, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup snipped dill
3 cups self-rising flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying
- Trim and finely chop scallions
- Chop parsley
- Snip dill
1. Combine the capers, scallion, and herbs in a bowl.
2. Mix together the flour and enough water to form a thick batter. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the capers and herbs to the batter and stir to combine.
4.. Heat one inch of olive oil in a large skillet.
5. Take a heaping tablespoon at a time of the mixture and drop it into the hot oil.
6. Fry until golden, turning to cook on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
7. Repeat with remaining batter.