Chicken Tart with Metsovone Cheese
This savory chicken tart with its spicy Greek cheeses is a Greek version of the original french tarte au fromage. It's the perfect comfort food.
1 chicken breast
100 g Metsovone
100 g Graviera Naxou (cheese)
200 ml cream
salt & pepper
1 sheet of flaky pastry
flour and butter for the baking pan
Preheat oven at 160º C.
1. Butter and flour a baking pan, about 20 cm in diameter, spread the flaky pastry and prick it with a fork and then bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
2. Finely chop the chicken and sauté it in a non-stick skillet without adding oil or butter. Add salt and pepper and let cool.
3. Whisk the cream, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper and mix in with the sautéed chicken.
4. Spread the mixture on the half-baked pastry leaf, and place once again in the oven for 15 minutes at the same temperature.
5. Let cool for a few minutes and serve.