Goat Cheese, Smoked Ham and Figs
Making sandwiches is an art, once you begin thinking of creative sandwiches you will not be able to stop! Remember, just about anything can be put into a sandwich and this recipe is proof of it!
1 ½ cup (about 5 ½ ounces) goat-cheese
2-3 tbsp thick Greek yogurt, or other thick yogurt
freshly ground pepper (about 1 1 ½ teaspoons)
9 small figs, white or black, preferably not completely ripe
3 flat breads (chiabbata)
12 -18 arugula (rocket) leaves, washed and drained
7 ounces slices of smoked ham
2-3 tsps balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl mash the goat-cheese with a fork; add the yogurt and pepper and mix well. You can do this in the blender.
- Wash the figs, wipe them and cut off the ends; without removing the skin cut into slices lengthwise.
- Cut the breads in half horizontally with a bread knife.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the bottom piece, add two or three rocket leaves, some slices of smoked ham and figs.
- Splash with a few drops of balsamic vinegar, and top with the other piece of bread. Serve immediately.