Loubia, Algerian Green Beans with Almonds
This Algerian green bean dish can work as a side dish to accompany meat or fish or as a light main dish for one person. Healthy, simple but tasteful; the combination of the different spices, the peanut oil and the almonds take green beans to another level!
1lb fresh green beans
4 cups water salted
3 tbsp peanut oil
1 clove garlic mashed
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tbsp slivered almonds
- Clean and trim the green beans.
1. Simmer in lightly salted water until just tender, about 30-45 minutes.
2. Drain and put in serving dish.
3. Put remaining ingredients (except almonds) in a saucepan over medium heat and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add the almonds and stir briefly to until coated with oil.
4. Pour the oil mixture over the green beans and toss gently until beans are thoroughly coated. Serve warm.