Goat Cheese with Vine Leaves and Peppers
This mouthwatering savory Mediterranean appetizer will impress even the most difficult to please.
20 vine leaves
200 gr goat cheese such as Katiki Domokou
3 red peppers
30 gr pinenuts
olive oil, salt, pepper to taste
Preheat oven at 200° C.
1. Bake the peppers and remove the skin and seeds from them.
2. Prepare the vine leaves by scalding them if they need softening, and lay them out on a piece of aluminum foil.
3. Place the peppers over the vine leaves and, finally, spread the goat cheese evenly on top.
4. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and wrap into a roll.
5. Slice and serve with lightly sautéed pinenuts and a sprinkling of fresh basil leaves.