Eggs and Greens with Staka
Serve these eggs and greens cooked with creamy buttery staka with crispy toast for a hearty breakfast. It's so good and satisying it can be eaten any time of the day.
2 packed cups cooked spinach, chard or nettle tops
2 tsp of olive oil and butter
or substitute it with 2 tbs staka
3 tbs yogurt (optional )
4 farm-fresh eggs
freshly ground pepper
2 to 4 slices warm toast
- Roughly shred the cooked greens and taste for salt.
1. Heat the olive oil and butter or the staka in a nonstick skillet, add the greens and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Blend in the yogurt if using.
3. Make holes in the greens spacing them evenly.
4. Break an egg into each, then cover the skillet and cook over medium low heat a few minutes until eggs are set and the fat from the staka rises to the surface.
5. Season eggs with salt and pepper.