This French composed salad is a classic! Serve with lots of warm crusty bread and add some anchovy fillets to spice it up a little more.
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 poivrades (small artichokes from Provence)
20 stoned black olives
1 small can of tuna in brine
1 clove of garlic
5 tbs of olive oil
2 tbs of red wine vinegar
salt, ground pepper
- Peel the garlic and the onion.
- Mash the garlic and slice up the onion.
- Wash the tomatoes and the peppers.
1. Cut the tomatoes in 8 equal quarters. Put into the refrigerator in a strainer, on a plate, sprinkled with salt so that they lose their water.
2. Take out the seeds off the peppers and cut them up into thin strips. Wash the poivrades and cut them, as well as the hard-boiled eggs, into four pieces.
3. Crumble the tuna.
4. Prepare vinaigrette with the oil, the vinegar and the pepper; add salt, if you wish.
5. Put all the ingredients of the salad in a large salad bowl, coat with the vinaigrette dressing, mix delicately and serve cool.