Chocolate Mousse with Apples
A very original mousse recipe and an interesting way to aromatize the cream, read on to find out the exact method!
4 big and hard apples
2 cinnamon sticks
200g Cooking chocolate 55% cocoa, Valrhona, broken into small pieces
150g Double cream 35% fat
25gTea with apple flavor
5 egg whites
50g Crystalline sugar
Peel the apples and cut each one into 8 pieces. Put the apple flavored tea into the double crème for 24 hours.
1. Put them into a sauce pan with the sugar and cinnamon and cover with water (not too much). Boil until the apples soften (not too much).
2. Leave to cool, fill 8 big wine glasses half way and refrigerate.
3. Heat cream and butter together and as soon as it starts to boil, pour it over the cooking chocolate, straining the tea.
4. Stir well so the mixture becomes fully blended and smooth.
5. Beat egg whites with sugar, using the mixer on low speed, until the meringue thickens.
6. Add meringue to chocolate, mix well and fill the glasses on top of the apple compote. Leave to cool and garnish with dried slices of apple.
*Dried Apples: Wash the apples well and cut into very thin slices. Place on cooking paper, sprinkle with crystalline sugar and put in the oven at 80°C for at least 3 hours. During this time, turn them over and sprinkle sugar on the other side also.