Chocolate and biscuit torte
The perfect way to use up leftover biscuits. This easy no-bake torte will become an instant family favorite.
200 gr biscuits crumbled
250 ml double cream 35% fat content
300 gr good quality dark chocolate 52% cocoa solids, broken up into small pieces
50 gr butter, cut into cubes
50 ml Grand Marnier or any other liqueur you like
50 gr caster sugar
1. In a small pan heat the cream, sugar and butter just below boiling point.
2. Add the broken-up chocolate and liqueur and give it a good stir until you get a smooth mix.
3. Fold in the biscuits and mix well.
4. Brush the loose based cake tin with vegetable oil and fill as evenly as possible.
5. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
6. Serve τοππεδ with chocolate frosting, sprinkled with powdered almonds or simply with whipped cream.