Fig Preserve in Red Wine
Δημοσιέυτηκε: Tue, 08/09/2011 - 00:00 || Ενημερώθηκε: Fri, 09/05/2014 - 15:23
Delicious when eaten with strained yogurt and various soft cheeses.
3 lb fresh figs
1 cups sugar
1 cup dry red wine
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 cinnamon sticks
- Clean the figs and pierce them in several places with the tip of a sharp knife.
- In a saucepan pour the wine, vinegar, sugar, cloves and cinnamon, and bring to boil over low heat.
- Simmer until the juices turn into a thick syrup. Add the figs and continue to boil over a low heat.
- Gradually, as they release their juices, the figs will be covered in syrup.
- Boil for about 2 hours or more, until the syrup thickens.
- Store in sterilized jars.