Lamb Skewers with Vegetables and Grilled Red Pepper Sauce
Here is a recipe that gives you a complete meal. In the Mediterranean all children love eating skewers, so if you add some home-made french fries to it, this can be an ideal Friday night treat for all the family! Make sure you buy your lamb from a trusted source and be spontaneous with the marinade, if you have a momentary inspiration, follow it, when we have faith in our creativity we are usually rewarded!
1.5kg boneless lamb thigh
For the marinade
100 ml sunflower oil
100 ml white wine
2 lemons for juice and grated rind
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
For the sauce
3 red peppers
100 ml olive oil
30 ml balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove
a bit of dry or fresh basil
For the garnish
1 fennel bulb
1 bunch rocket
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Dice the meat and marinate it for 4-8 hours.
1. Mix the ingredients for the marinade and pour it into a big bowl with the lamb meat. Thoroughly mix, to spread the marinade.
2. Cut the zucchinis and eggplants the same size as the meat
3. Make the skewers, alternating the vegetables and lamb meat. Set aside on a plate.
4. Grill the red peppers whole either on the barbeque or in the oven on high heat.
5. When they are ready wrap them in plastic membrane and leave them for a few minutes to "sweat". This will make it easier to peel them.
6. Peel them and remove their seeds and then mash in the blender with the other sauce ingredients.
7. Prepare the barbecue and grill the skewers.
8. Prepare the garnish: Cut the finocchio into very thin slices. Cut the rocket with your hands into thicker pieces
9. In a salad bowl mix the greens and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the souvlaki with the sauce and accompany with the finocchio and rocket salad.