Cream with Chios Mastiha and Pistachios
Chios Mastiha, found in the Mastiha shop, makes all the difference, lending something exotic flavor to this creamy dessert.
• 2 sheets gelatin, 7 gr. each
• 2 cups fresh milk
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 80 gr. sugar
• 1 Tbsp. ground Chios mastiha
• 1 cup shelled pistachios finely chopped
1. Soak the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes.
2. In a large pot, heat the milk, cream and sugar to just before the boiling point. Add the Chios mastiha.
3. Strain the gelatin in a fine sieve and add it to the cream, stirring continuously over low heat. As soon as the mixture starts to simmer, remove from heat and add the pistachios.
4. Pour equal amounts of the cooked Chios mastiha cream into 8 Martini glasses or small bowls. Let cool at room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours. Serve, if desired, with caramel syrup and garnish with chopped, unsalted pistachios.