Spaghetti with chicken and cream cheese
A special pasta that goes beyond the ordinary and that can be done with chicken left over from the day before.
1/2 kg spaghetti
2 chicken breast fillets cut into cubes
1 large red onion
2 tbsp anise
1/4 cup. ouzo
1 tsp cayenne pepper
150 gr cream cheese (Greek anthotyro)
1. In a deep pan, we put the onion along with the diced chicken and we cook in a little oil.
2. We sprinkle with salt, pepper and anise.
3. We gradually pour ouzo in the chicken so it absorbs each time.
4. When the chicken is ready, we pour the paprika too.
5. We boil the pasta in salted water, we drain as usual and we add 2-3 tablespoons oil.
6. In a deep glass or a porcelain dish we put half of the pasta, we spread over half of the chicken and we grate the anthotyro cheese by hand or put the cream cheese.
We continue by placing the other half ingredients and we serve hot.