Figs with Fennel and Feta Cheese
Figs are one of those fruits that come to visit rarely but are so appreciated in the Mediterranean that we have created all sorts of dishes with them! They have a curious texture that often repulses people, but a wonderful taste that can be used in savory and sweet dishes.
250 gr feta
2 small fennel bulbs
1/2 tbsp ρetimezi
30 gr butter
1 tbsp olive οil
1 tbsp cider vinegar
a pinch οf freshly ground all spice
1 tspρ anise seed
1 bunch fresh dill
salt, freshly ground pepper
- Wash and dry the fennel and remove the outer leaves if they have fibers. Cut the fennel into rounds.
- Wash and dry the figs.Without removing the skins, cut into rounds.
- Coarsely chop the dill for garnish.
- Saute the fennel in the butter οn a low heat for 2-3 minutes and then add the vinegar.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the figs.
- Salt and pepper tο taste and sprinkle with the anise seeds.
- Simmer for 4 minutes more then remove from the heat.
- To serve layer the fennel and the figs, sprinkle with the crumbled feta and dill and drizzle with petimezi and olive oil.