Strained Yoghurt Pastry Triangles
These very Mediterranean pastry triangles, are light in taste and easy to serve as a starter for a summer dinner party. Make them in advance, freeze them and bake or fry them when you need them. A dish that works well for impromptu situations, to feed children and adults!
1 small onion
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp finely ground black pepper
salt to taste
1 small tomato
5 oz (about 3/4 cup) strained yogurt
1/2 tsp butter, softened
1 pack puff pastry
- Very finely chop the onion
- Dice the tomato in the smallest cubes you can manage
- A few hours ahead of time: put the strained yogurt in a cheese cloth and hang it over the sink or place it in a colander to drain its excess water.
1. Put the chopped onion in a mixing bowl, add the cinnamon, allspice, pepper and salt to taste and rub the seasonings into the onion with your fingers to soften it.
2. Add the diced tomato, strained yogurt and butter and mix well together.
3. Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary, cover with a clean paper towel and set aside.
4. Prepare the crescent and triangle pastry and follow the instructions to make the crescents or triangles.
5. Bake in a very hot oven (180°C) deep-fry in olive oil.