Wild Boar with Onions and Peppers
A general rule to follow when cooking game is to get it from trustworthy source. This wild boar recipe is a classic and is very simple to make! Make sure to brown all the ingredients well so as to get a nice and dark sauce at the end.
1 1/2 kg Wild Boar meat
1 glass of red wine
3 garlic cloves peeled
3 small onions, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 sprig of basil
salt, pepper, spices
1. Cut the meat into individual servings and leave it in water and vinegar for a day. Rinse the meat, place on a plate and season well with salt and pepper
2. Heat a layer of olive oil in a casserole and brown the meat on all sides. Make sure you put one layer of meat at a time, if you put too much meat at once the temperature of the oil will fall and the browning will be much less successful!
3. Once all the pieces are well browned, remove and keep aside. Add the onions, the red and green peppers, and three garlic cloves.
4. When these are browned smother with a glass of red wine. Boil until all the alcohol has evaporated. Put all the meat back into the casserole
5. Add 2 cups of water, a sprig of basil, salt, pepper and spices. Leave to boil until the meat is tender.
6. When the meat is ready we place it on a serving dish and allow the sauce to reduce to the desired thickness (an almost creamy texture). Serve with a root puree