Vegetable Medley - Βriami
In Greece this vegetable medley is called Briam. It can be cooked in a pot or in the oven covered with foil. It is a greek home-cooked favorite, that brings to mind comfort and family moments!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 large potatoes, cut in chunks
2 medium zucchini, sliced into chunks
1 lb green beans, cleaned
3 tomatoes grated
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 8 oz of feta cheese
1. In a large pot, heat the oil and, when ready, add the onion and saute it until it is translucent.
2. Add the potatoes and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer with the pot covered until the potato chunks begin to soften.
3. Add the zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, and oregano.
4. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.