This vegetable cake looks delicious, and is so tasty and healthy…perfect meal!
- 250 gr of mixed vegetables such as peas, finely chopped peppers, green beans, corn, etc
- 1 large red pepper,diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 6 eggs
- 200 gr of butter at room temperature
- 250 gr of flour (yellow flour)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- grated rind of ½ an orange and ½ a lemon
- 2 level tsp of salt
Preheat oven at 180° C.
Cook all the vegetables in water with the salt for 5 minutes.
Dry on absorbent paper, spread out on a baking tray, and dry in the oven for 10 minutes.
Combine the butter and the eggs in a blender (add the eggs one by one), along with 1 level teaspoon of salt.
Sift the flour and the baking powder, and gently fold through the butter and egg mixture, using a spatula; add the grated rind, and finally add the vegetables. Do this as gently as possible.
Grease a large rectangular (25 cm x 10 cm) cake tin with butter and dust with flour, and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180° C, for 50-60 minutes.