Perhaps stuffed liver is a recipe that you would never even imagine tasting, let alone cooking and serving to guests. We encourage you to get out of your safety zone and try this beautifully simple, but tasty, recipe that will surprise you and hopefully redefine your opinion on liver.
1 kg of calf liver (sliced into 12 twin slices)
12 rashers of bacon
2 onions, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
4 tbsp of chopped parsley chopped
3 tbsp of butter
Preheat the oven to 200° C
1. Wash the liver and dry on an absorbent paper.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lightly fry in a little butter. Remove and place in an ovenproof dish.
3. Melt some butter and sauté the onions, garlic and parsley. Add salt and pepper.
4. Cut 6 pieces of aluminium foil. Place a slice of liver on each piece of foil. Spread some vegetable filling over the liver and cover with another slice. Wrap a rasher of bacon around each liver "sandwich". Arrange on centre of foil, cover and twist the ends of the foil to secure the package. Arrange on a baking tray and cook at for approximately 30 minutes.
5. Serve wrapped in the foil.