Stuffed Courgettes/ Zucchini
Stuffed zucchini is another one of the multiple stuffed vegetables one can find in Greek cuisine. Serve these with a dollop of cold greek yogurt on the side, or some nice Mediterranean goat cheese.
6-8 medium zucchini
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tomatoes cut in small cubes
1 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
1 tbsp dried basil chopped
1 tbsp of parsley chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Cut Zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp from the center. Set shells and pulp aside.
2. Melt the butter in a skillet, saute the onion until golden.
3.Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook until the water from the mushrooms has evaporated.
4. Add tomatoes and cook over medium heat until the moisture has evaporated.
5. Add zucchini pulp and seasonings; mix well.
6. Pile mixture into zucchini shells and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes,until tender and golden.