Spicy Roast Lamb with Cumin
As the tender leg of lamb roasts to perfection the aromatic cumin stands out and the savory smell will make you salivate. This dish is definately worth the wait!
2 tbs cumin
5 garlic cloves
1 chili pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs thyme
leg of spring lamb
salt, freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 150 º C.
- Peel the garlic cloves, leaving the last layer intact
- Cut chili pepper into rings
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan and when it starts to smoke, add the cumin until it darkens and releases its aroma.
2. Place the garlic on a piece of aluminum foil along with the chili pepper. Sprinkle with a little oil and salt, seal the foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Lower the heat to 100 ºC and bake for another 40 minutes.
5. Puree the garlic cream, chili pepper, cumin, thyme and salt in a small mixer.
6. Wash and dry the meat and make small gashes in the flesh with a sharp knife.
7. Fill the pockets with the aromatic mixture and spread any left over on the surface of the meat.
8. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 220º C.
1. Oil a roasting pan and sprinkle oil on the meat as well. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. Turn the meat, lower the heat to 150º C and bake for another 2 1/2 hours or until the meat is extremely tender.
3. Turn off the oven, open the door and let the lamb rest for 10 minutes.