Soup with Roasted Onions and Garlic
This soup is a tasty way to cure a cold and ideal for a winter family meal.
3 heads of garlic, unpeeled
8 brown onions, unpeeled
3 tbs of oil
2 cups of water
4 cups of beef stock
3 potatoes, finely chopped
2 tbs of fresh thyme
parmesan cheese, to serve
Preheat oven to 200° C.
1. Arrange the garlic and the onion halves in a roasting pan, cut side up, and drizzle with oil.
2. Turn the onions over so that the cut side is on the bottom of the pan. Roast for about 50 minutes or until soft.
3. Peel garlic and peel and cut onions in quarters.
4. Place the onions and garlic in a large saucepan with the water, beef stock, potatoes, thyme and pepper.
5. Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat or until soup reduces and thickens slightly.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.