Seafood Salad with Vegetables
A seafood salad that we think will leave you satisfied; do not get deceived by the title and expect a leafy salad. This salad is more like an assortment of ingredients marinated and tossed together to be served as an appetizer for a sit-down lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
1 kg fresh mussels with their shell
½ kg quince with their shell
8 shrimps No 2
½ kg squids
1 dry onion grated
1 garlic clove (optional)
2 zucchini sliced
1 red pepper cut in brunoise
1 green pepper cut in brunoise
2 carrots sliced
1 bunch basil
2 cups olive oil
2 small cups vinegar
1/2 cup ouzo
15 red pepper seeds
3 bay leaves
1. Clean the squid and cut into rings. Steam the mussels and the quince in a low wide pot along with the onion and the ouzo until they open up. Throw away those that do not open.
2. Separate the flesh and keep a few shells. Drain and keep a cup of the broth.
3. Boil the shrimps with a few pepper seeds and the bay leaves.
4. Sauté the squid in olive oil.
5. For the marinade beat the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and half a bunch basil. Add the basil leaves, the rest of the pepper seeds, the garlic and all the ingredients you have prepared. Let the ingredients marinate in the refrigerator for about two hours.
6. Serve (with a straining spoon) and decorate with the mussel and quince shells and the basil leaves (take the salad out of the refrigerator about half an hour before serving so that the olive oil is not congealed).
Recipe adapted from Plous Podilatou Restaurant