Savory Rolled Roast
This savory rolled sirloin roast is so tender it melts in your mouth.
1 1/2 kg sirloin (a thick rectangular piece)
1 tbs green pepper cones
3 tbs mustard
5 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove, mashed
½ tbs cress
2 tbs parsley, finely cut
1 tbs green onions, finely cut
½ cup of cream
Preheat oven at 180° C.
1. Combine the mustard with some olive oil and spread it over the sirloin.
2. Sprinkle the parsley, pepper, salt, cress and green onion over it.
3. Roll the sirloin and tie it up with a piece of string.
4. Pour olive oil combined with the mashed garlic over the roll and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 1 – 1 1/2 hours in a hot oven.
5. Combine sauce with cream and pour over sirloin roll cut into slices.