Vanilla Ice Cream
Vanilla ice cream, is vanilla ice cream, and is always welcome! If you are lucky enough to have an amateur ice cream machine at home use this recipe to make a treat for the household! Make sure to buy top quality vanilla, even if the price seems eccentric, we garauntee it will make all the difference; other than that, other than the cost of the machine, home-made ice cream is very cheap to make.
2 cups of milk
1 vanilla pod
4 egg yolks
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of cream
- Slice the vanilla pod down the side, open out and scrape the knife along the center to extract all the vanilla seeds.
1. Put the milk, the vanilla seeds, and the pod in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
3. Remove milk from heat and begin adding the milk to the egg sugar mixture, ladel by ladel. Stirring between the first two ladles.
4. Return the mixture to the heat and stir constantly and gently with a wooden spatula. When the mixture begins to set take off the heat.
5. Discard vanilla pod. Add the cream and leave to cool.
6. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions until it is set and can be removed with a spoon.
*For a stronger vanilla aroma, add a teaspoon of vanilla essence to the milk.