Soufflé of Celery, Gruyere cheese and Saffron
This saffron scented vegetable souffle is a complete meal in itself. Ιt is the perfect dish to serve at brunch.
2 bunches of celery (approx. 1/2 kg each) chopped
500 g of potatoes finely chopped
100 ml of cream
75 g of butter
1/2 gr of saffron
1 clove of garlic pureed
300 g of piquant gruyere cheese (from Amfilochia) grated
1/2 bunch of parsley chopped
freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven at 200° C .
1. Cook potatoes and celery in salted, boiling water for 10 minutes; strain and allow to cool.
2. In a saucepan, heat the cream with the butter and the saffron until golden yellow in color; do not boil.Mix in the eggs.
3. In a baking dish, arrange alternate layers of the vegetable mixture and grated cheese.
4. Pour over the saffron cream mixture and sprinkle top with more grated cheese and parsley.
5. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.