Smoked Pork Steak with Caramelized Onions and Roast Potatoes
The caramelized onions add great flavor to the smoked pork steaks and together with the fragrant roast potatoes make a sensational main dish.
6 pork steaks, smoked
6 large onions sliced
1 glass of red wine
1/2 kg of potatoes, cut in pieces
1 tbs of rosemary
1 cup of olive oil
freshly ground pepper
a little fresh butter
Preheat oven at 180° C.
1. Add half of the olive oil to a pan and all of the onions. Sauté well until the onions start to brown and darken.
2. Add a little salt and pour in the wine.
3. Continue to stir with a wooden spoon until all the wine has been absorbed and the onions are soft and a deep red colour. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Arrange the potato slices in a small roasting dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add 1 cup of water and the remaining olive oil.
5. Cook in the oven until golden brown.
6. Cook the steaks in a non-stick frying pan until browned on both sides.
7. Arrange steaks on individual plates, garnished with some caramelized onions and roast potatoes.
8. Finally, place a little butter on top of each steak and serve.