This is an easy to prepare light soup with lots of flavor. It's a seafood lover's favorite.
1 1/2 kg medium to large shrimp
6-7 glasses of water
1 1/2 wine glasses of dry white wine
4 whole scallions (green onions) cleaned and washed
2-3 parsley sprigs
1 tbs ground thyme
1 bay leaf
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
juice of 1 lemon
1. Wash shrimp well.
2. In a medium pot add water, wine, whole scallions, parsley, and seasonings (except lemon juice). Boil for 10 minutes.
3. Pour broth through fine sieve and place on stove to boil.
4. Add whole shrimp and boil for about 15 minutes. Remove from pot with slotted spoon.
5. Shell the shrimp and add again to the broth.
6. If desired, chop the boiled scallions and parsley and add to soup as well.
7. Add the lemon juice, bring to a boil for 2-3 more minutes and serve soup while still hot.