Armenian Rice with Noodles in Chicken Broth
This classic Armenian rice pilaf is a very subtle dish, and is a perfect compliment to poultry, fish, lamb and veal.
4 tbs butter
1 cup uncooked rice
2 oz. small egg noodles
2 cups chicken stock
1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the egg noodles and stir until they begin to brown, being careful not to burn the butter.
3. Stir in the rice. Continue stirring until rice is coated with butter.
4. Cook on medium heat for 1 minute.
5. Add the chicken stock and basil and stir.
6. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cover tightly.
7. Cook for 25-30 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and rice is done.
8. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.