Penne with Cauliflower, Raisins and Pine nuts
The texture of this Italian pasta dish is rich and unusual and although the combination of ingredients is so impressive it is so easy to make.
500 g of penne pasta
1 cauliflower, approx. 300 g
50 g of pine nuts
1/2 cup of raisins
1/3 cup of olive oil
parsley, finely chopped
150 g of Cretan gruyere cheese
1. Wash the cauliflower well and separate into small florets.
2. Add to a pan of salted, boiling water and boil for approx. 5 minutes; drain well.
3. Place pasta in a pan of boiling water and cook.
4. In a frying pan, lightly cook the pine nuts in olive oil, add the cauliflower florets and the raisins; season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
6. Drain the pasta and add to the cauliflower mixture; add the parsley and a little of the water the pasta was cooked in if the mixture is too dry.