Mussels Stuffed with Rice
This interesting stuffed mussel appetizer is both impressive and delicious.
8 mussels (large size)
1 large onion
1 cup pilaf rice
1 tbs of parsley, finely chopped
- Finely chop parsley and onion.
- Clean the exterior of the mussels thoroughly (scrub or scrape with a knife and remove beards).
1. Place mussels in a saucepan with a little water.
2. Allow to steam and open; remove from the pan and cool.
3. Sauté onion in the oil.
4. Add the rice, pine nuts and parsley, and stir to combine.
5. Allow the rice mixture to cool a little and then fill the mussel shells.
6. Close the mussels and return them to the pan with a little water and olive oil, in order for the rice to cook.
7. Arrange the mussels with the openings uppermost so that the rice remains inside during cooking.