Hot Chocolate and Coffee Lemon Cake
A soufflé type cake that combines the heaviness of chocolate with the lightness of lemon.
Chocolate coffee mix
500 gr chocolate melted
150 gr sugar
150 gr butter
15 eggs, separated
3 tsp baking powder
5 tsp Nescafe
A dash of Vanilla
Lemon cake mix
100 gr of egg yolk
170 gr of sugar
85 gr dairy creamer
rind from 3 lemons
130 gr of flour
½ tsp of baking powder
50 gr of hot, quality butter
Preheat the oven to 180˚C
1. Mix the yolks with the sugar
2. Whip the egg whites into a meringue.
3. Mix together the melted chocolate with the butter.
4. Add the egg yolks with the sugar to the chocolate.
5. Add the flour and the meringue to the mix alternating in three parts. Incorporate gently with a rubber spatula or by hand.
6. Lemon mix: Blanch the sugar with the egg yolk and mix in the remaining ingredients.
7. Butter and sugar the sides of a coffee or tea cup or a soufflé pan evenly. Fill ¼ with lemon mix, 2/4 of the pan or cup with chocolate-coffee mix, and leave ¼ empty so that the cake can rise.
8. Bake for 12 minutes if you are using a large tea cup. (The smaller the pan or cup, the less amount of baking time needed). Serve warm.
*Make sure that your lemon cake has a well-baked crust, whereas the chocolate cake should be gooey in the middle. Serve with a ball of vanilla ice-cream as topping!