Fish in Sauce with Raisins
For this sweetly flavorful recipe use small fish, preferably red mullet, white bait, bogue or fish steaks.
1300 gr fish
1/2 cup vinegar
1-2 cups water
1 cup white wine
crushed, fresh tomato
1 tsp sugar
2-3 cloves minced garlic
400 gr raisins
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry the fish, but be careful not to burn the oil.
2. When the fish are done remove and keep warm.
3. Add a little more oil to the frying oil and 2 tablespoons of sifted flour.
4. Stir to combine with a wooden spoon, over heat, until mixture starts to turn light golden brown.
5. Add all of the ingredients, salt and pepper to taste and continue stirring. When sauce comes to a boil, add 400 grams of raisins.
6. Cook for ten minutes. If the sauce thickens before the raisins cook, add a little water with vinegar to thin.
7. When the raisins have filled out remove with a slotted spoon and arrange on a serving platter around the fish.
8. Reduce the sauce further until quite thick then pour over the fish. Serve hot.