Pot Roast with Tomato and Mushrooms
A flavorful pot roast cooked with tomatoes, and mushrooms. This is an easy everyday pot roast for a delicious family meal.
1 kg blade pot roast
cup olive oil
2 shots red wine
2 onions, finely chopped
1 can peeled tomatoes
½ kg white mushrooms chopped
2 large fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tbs parsley, finely chopped
1 tbs spearmint, freshly chopped
pepper, freshly ground
1. Heat a large pot and add the olive oil.
2. Sauté well until the two finely chopped onions and the pot roast pieces have browned.
3. Then douse with the two shot of wine, add the can of peeled tomatoes, the 2 fresh finely chopped tomatoes, the salt, freshly ground pepper and stir well.
4. Add 2 ½ -3 cups of water and let it simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes approximately, until the meat softens.
5. Sauté mushrooms in a frying pan with olive oil.
6. Add salt and freshly ground pepper and when they are ready add them to the pot.
7. Finally, add the finely chopped spearmint and the finely chopped parsley.