Pork Pancetta with a Black-eyed Bean Sauce
Pancetta has a distinctive flavor and this combination with a black-eyed bean sauce is wonderful.
1 kg of pork pancetta without the bone
2 tbs of dried coriander
1 tbs of tarragon
1 tbs of green peppercorns
250 g of black-eye beans
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
Preheat oven at 180° C.
- Finely chop carrots, celery, onions, parsley
1. Wash the meat well and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place the peppercorns over one surface and roll up; secure with string.
3. Cook the roll in a pan of water with the tarragon and the coriander for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the roll from the pan; brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
5. To prepare the black-eye bean sauce: cook the beans, drain and wash well under cold water. Combine the beans with the celery, carrot, spring onions and parsley.
6. Prepare a dressing by combining 1/2 a cup of olive oil with 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
7. Slice the pancetta roll thinly and serve the vegetable salad over the pork.