Peppers Stuffed with Quail Meat and Chestnuts
Through the Gourmed lens this recipe is an original and exciting stuffed vegetable recipe, best served at room temperature and combined with a vinaigrette sauce. Guaranteed to make a great lunch!
4 coloured peppers
200 gr chestnuts
2 fresh green onions, sliced
200 gr basmati rice
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp sweet mastic
Remove the breast from the quail, and combine the rest of the quail with the onions, carrots and spices in a pot covered with water. Boil for 20 minutes, drain and keep the stock for the stuffed peppers. In order to peel the chestnuts easily, slash and boil for 15 minutes.
Preheat Oven to 200°C
1. Bake the peppers in the oven for 20 minutes. Cut them in halves and remove the seeds and the skin.
2. Finely chop and sauté the fresh onions and the breast from the quail in some olive oil, and then quench it with some wine.
3. Once the alcohol has evaporated, stir in the stock of the quail, the rice, the chestnuts, the mastic and season with salt and pepper.
4. When the mixture is ready add some chopped parsley and stuff the peppers.
* Vinegrette Sauce:made in the blender by adding 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, salt and plenty of parsley.