Pears in Wine
Δημοσιέυτηκε: Wed, 06/15/2011 - 00:00 || Ενημερώθηκε: Mon, 12/19/2016 - 12:45
This simple Mediterranean dessert is quite aromatic and colorful. The combination of fresh firm pears and wine make it both sweet and mouthwatering.
750 ml of red wine
100 gr of sugar
1 stick of cinnamon
6 cinnamon cloves
1. Carefully peel the pears from the stem to the base, keeping the stem intact.
2. Place the pears upright in a pan and add the wine and the sugar.
3. Gently simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
4. Add the cinnamon stick and the cloves and continue to simmer for a further 20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow cooling.
6. Serve the pears cold with any of the wine sauce that has remained in the pan.
Use a fruity red wine for this recipe, such as a Zinfandel