Millefeuille of Aubergine and Goat Cheese
This filling and beautiful vegetarian millefeuille is full of color and flavor.
200 gr of small, white mushrooms sliced
1-2 tbs of olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic, with skin
32 slices of aubergine, ½ cm thickness each
400 gr of soft goat cheese
1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs of minced garlic
10 leaves of flat-leaved basil, roughly cut
½ portion of strudel pastry
Preheat oven at 180° C.
1. Sauté mushrooms in a pan with the olive oil and the garlic, taking care that they stay al dente. Add salt and freshly ground white pepper.
2. Sprinkle fine salt over the aubergine slices and set aside to ‘sweat’, approximately 1 hour at least. Rinse under plenty of water and pat dry.
3. Spread the aubergine slices on a baking tray and allow to dry at 180C, until soft and slightly crisp.
4. Mix the cheese with the oil, minced garlic and basil as well as the mushrooms.
5. Roll the pastry out finely with a rolling pin and cut into 10-12cm rounds.
6. Place a layer of baking sheet over a baking tray and arrange the pastry rounds on this.
7. Bake at 180°C until lightly browned.
8. Prepare the millefeuille by arranging alternate layers of pastry, aubergine, goat cheese, aubergine; repeat until all ingredients have been used.
9. Serve by drizlinng with oil flavoured with basil