Pontian Tart with a Yogurt and Nigella Crust
This hearty tart from Pontos is savory and impressive in appearance as it is in flavor.
150 gr all-purpose flour
150 gr corn flour
100 ml milk
100 ml sunflower oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
500 gr fresh spinach chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
bunch of dill chopped
bunch of parsley chopped
400 gr yogurt
2 tbsp nigella seeds
Preheat oven at 180° C.
1. To prepare the base of the tart, combine the two types of flour with the milk, sunflower oil, baking powder and salt. Knead and roll out.
2. Grease and flour a baking tray and line with the pastry.
3. For the filling: sauté the onion and spinach. Add salt and pepper; cook for 15 minutes over low heat, until all the liquid has cooked off.
4. Remove from heat; add plenty of finely chopped fresh dill and parsley. Spoon the filling over the pastry.
5. For the crust: beat the eggs and combine with the yogurt, add salt and pepper. Pour this over the filling.
6. Sprinkle the surface with nigella seeds and bake at 180° C for 40 minutes.