Leg of lamb in Salt with Rosemary
This aromatic leg of lamb is a Mediterranean favorite. Serve with roasted potatoes.
1 leg of lamb, approx. 2 kg.
1 Tbs rosemary
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 cup dry white wine
2 1/2 kg coarse grain salt pepper
Preheat oven at 200° C.
1. Wash leg of lamb thoroughly, without removing the bone or the white membrane lining the surface. Let the leg stand to dry.
2. Wash the leg lamb a second time in wine and making small holes place the sliced garlic.
3. Pour the rest of wine on lamb and sprinkle with the rosemary.
4. Spread a layer of coarse grain salt, approximately 2 cm thick, in a large baking pan.
5. Place the lamb leg on top of that layer and cover with a thick layer of coarse grain salt.
6. Place baking pan with lamb in the middle of the oven and bake for approximately 2 hours.
7. Subsequently, remove baking dish from the oven, break the crust of salt and serve the lamb with a lot of green salad.