Italian Veal Casserole
A hearty stew of veal and vegetables, accented with thyme and oregano. Veal stew is an ideal cold weather dish for dinner.
15 g low-fat spread
750 g pie veal,
trimmed seasoned flour, to dust
150 m dry white wine
1 spanish onion
750 g tomatoes
1 tsp chopped lemon thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
150 ml chicken stock
grated rind of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbs chopped parsley salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chop onion
- Skin and roughly chop tomatoes
- Crush garlic
- Chop parsley
1. Add the wine, onion, tomatoes, herbs, stock and salt and pepper.
2. Bring to simmering point, cover and cook gently for 1 1/2-2 hours.
3. Take off the lid after the first hour if the sauce needs reducing.
4. Mix the lemon rind with the garlic and parsley. Sprinkle over the casserole just before serving.