This honeycomb has a lovely buttery sweet taste, it looks beautiful and is very delicious.
6 egg yolks
90 gr of honey
25 gr of sugar
350 ml of double cream, 35% fat content
80 ml of good quality sparkling wine
1 piece of honeycomb
4 sheets of gelatin
1 small bunch of lavender
2 layers of sponge cake
100 gr of syrup
1. In a metal bowl, combine the egg yolks, the honey and the sugar.
2. Beat together with a whisk and place the bowl over a pan of simmering water (bain marie) so that the mixture cooks over the steam and it becomes white and fluffy.
3. Remove from the heat and beat in a blender, gradually pouring the sparkling wine.
4. When the mixture has cooled, remove it from the blender.
5. Soften the sheets of gelatin in cold water and then melt them in hot water.
6. Add the hot gelatin to the egg mixture.
7. Mix well and add the cream, which has been beaten until it is of a thick pouring consistency.
8. Place a 24 cm spring form tin on a platter and line the bottom with a thin layer of sponge cake (preferably 22 cm in diameter).
9. Sprinkle the surface of the sponge cake with half of the syrup, pour in 2/3 of the cream and cover with the second layer of sponge cake. Sprinkle this layer with the remaining syrup and pour over the remaining cream.
10. Allow the cake to cool for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
11. Remove spring form tin and decorate with the piece of honeycomb and the lavender. It can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.