Flaky Pastry Tart with Almonds and Melted Chocolate
This flaky pastry with crunchy almonds and rich melted chocolate is so good it melts in your mouth.
Ingredients for the flaky pastry
500 gr flour, hard
15 gr flour, all-purpose
200 gr butter, in small pieces
200 gr cold water
200 gr butter, hard
Ingredients for the filling
450 gr butter of good quality
500 gr sugar
250 gr flour, all-purpose
500 gr almonds, in flakes
250 gr dark chocolate,
caster sugar for frosting
Preheat oven at 180 ºC.
For the flaky pastry
1. Place the flour, salt, water and butter in a vessel and knead them until a smooth and elastic dough is formed.
2. Carve a cross on its surface using a knife and cover it with a towel.
3. Let dough rest for about ½ hour in the refrigerator.
4. After that, spread the dough into a thick sheet, starting by the 4 corners that the cross has.
5. In the middle of the dough, place the hard butter, which you have previously beaten.
6. Wrap up the dough like an envelope making sure the butter is still in the middle.
7. With a rolling pin, flatten the dough to a very thin sheet.
8. Fold the sheet three times, place in refrigerator for ½ hour and repeat the process two more times.
9. Next spread the flaky pastry to a very thin sheet, approximately 5mm and cut it in a round shape (30-32 cm in diameter).
10. Place it in a baking pan, 25 cm in diameter, making sure that it covers the sides of the pan and there are even a few cm left.
11. Keep it refrigerated until you prepare the filling.
For the filling
1. Gradually add the butter, sugar, almonds and one by one the eggs to a mixer and pulse until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
2. Remove from mixer, place in a bowl and add the flour. Mix well using a wooden ladle.
3. Empty the mixture in the baking pan and run the pieces of the dark chocolate deep in the filling.
4. Refrigerate the cake for about 1 hour and then bake for another 40 minutes.
5. When ready, sprinkle it with caster sugar and serve warm.